Please read this guidance carefully before submitting an application to make sure your organisation is eligible.
Our Development Grant scheme provides core funding to support organisations to implement a step change in their development and therefore build increased resilience for the future. Grants are available from £10,000 up to £80,000 for a duration of 6 months to 3 years.
We are open minded on the type of initiatives applicants may wish to develop in order to increase their resilience. Please visit the featured grants section for examples of the developments funded to date.
However, please note we will not provide funding for the following:
- Appointment of a Trust or Community Fundraiser.
- Expanding the coverage of a particular service, unless there is a tangible increase in resilience as a result.
- Match funding, unless associated with a specific development.
- Covering the loss of a statutory contract or grant income.
- General running costs.
- New permanent posts, unless a concrete plan is included in the application about how the post will be funded after the grant ends.
If you have any doubt, please phone our office for an informal chat before submitting on 01707 707078.
- Applicants must be a registered charity, not-for-profit social enterprise or community interest company working within the UK with a UK office.
- Social enterprise and community interest companies must have a govern-ing document which shows the name, aim/purpose, objects of the group, including a dissolution clause - what happens if your group ceases to func-tion. This clause should show that you are a not-for-profit group by confirm-ing that any assets remaining after all debts are paid will be given to anoth-er voluntary group with similar aims. This document should also include de-tails of your Trustees or management committee.
- The sole purpose of applicants' constitution must be to support unpaid car-ers or the rehabilitation of offenders or ex-offenders. (Organisations with a broader remit running a project to support unpaid carers or the rehabilita-tion of offenders or ex-offenders are not eligible to apply)
- Organisations running crime prevention or restorative justice initiatives are not eligible to apply.
- Organisations whose priority is to support the “cared for”, but also provide some support for carers are unlikely to be eligible to apply.
- Applicants may be involved in providing direct practical support work, re-search projects or policy or campaigning work relevant to unpaid carers or the rehabilitation of offenders or ex-offenders.
- Applicants must demonstrate in their application how they have expertise and a history of working with unpaid carers or offenders.
- Applicants must have some volunteer input.
- Applicants’ annual income for the most recent financial year should be less than £1million, although priority will be given to smaller organisations.
- Applicants must have their annual accounts independently examined or audited.
- Applicants requesting more than £10,000 will be required to submit a busi-ness/strategic plan during the application process.
- Applicants should have evaluation systems for their work in place, and if not part of the grant should be used to put a system in place.
- All previous unsuccessful applicants to The Triangle Trust must wait two years before reapplying (eg if you applied in 2018, you cannot reapply until 2020).
- Applicants already in receipt of a Development Grant cannot apply for further funding until after their current grant has come to an end.
- Any costs incurred by the applicant in undertaking a development to increase resilience can be covered by the grant.
- Grants will be available from £10,000 up to £80,000 for a duration of 6 months to 3 years. The amount of funding requested must be proportional to the development that will be undertaken.
- A maximum of £30,000 per year or £2,500 per month for smaller developments can be requested.
Only complete applications submitted using the online form by noon on the published closing date will be accepted. Please ensure you meet all the criteria above, have read how to apply and checked the application timetable before applying.
If you have a technical problem submitting the application form please email or telephone 01707 707078 (9.30 to 14.00 Monday, Tuesday and Thursday only).
The application process is two- stage. Shortlisted applicants will be required to host a visit from the Triangle Trust and present their strategic plan for the next few years.
Successful applicants will be required to provide progress reports.